Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Life Drawing Final

Haha, i've been posting up all of my classwork/homework lately, because that has been the only thing I have time to work on... I can't wait until I get to start up on commissions, personal/RP (I use my logs as inspiration for illustration), and practice to improve my skill with various mediums. I'd really like to work with oil paints, but I can't remember for sure if I can bring my oil paints on the plane with me... I think I can, with checked luggage!

Anyhow, back on subject. Give or take 10 hours, and here's how far I got with this charcoal piece. The original idea was to take a photo of yourself similar to the "Jenne Femme" cast copy drawing, and make yourself into a cast drawing based upon it. Yeah. It's harder than I thought... I want to smooth places out, but I want to keep hard edges in others...

Here's process shots - I took some videos myself, to look back on how I work.



When I'm done working on a last painting for another class, I'll come back and bring out some minor highlights, and smooth out minimal places, and also - clean up the edges. That's the thing I don't enjoy about charcoal - it's dust getting all over my white part of paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment