Monday, December 6, 2010

A preview of a current project!

I'm not out of the fire just yet - but I at least got to pick up on my final projects again, after some issues. Here's the last project to my Junior Studio - a Holiday/Christmas Card. Watercolor on 140 Hot Press Arches.

I really do want to be able to make more smooth brushstrokes - one of the reasons I'd like to intern under someone who also can do watercolor, on top of whatever I end up going for.





After getting to scan in some other sketches and process points, I thought I'd go ahead and post some of what led me up to it - Here's the original value marker drawing, and color comps - In the end, I combined parts of the comps from both versions - the darkness of the cat in the first, and the darkness of the wall surrounding the window in the second. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment